RSVP Nevada Day Fair
Thursday, Oct. 29 - Sunday, Nov. 1, 2014
Mills Park, Carson City
RSVP has been serving seniors in Nevada for more than 42 years and this is the 30th year that RSVP will sponsor the Nevada Days Celebration & Carnival at Mills Park in Carson City!
Join us on Thursday October 29 – Sunday November 1, 2015. The festivities include "Days of Service" events on Saturday and Sunday.
Come to Mills Park to enjoy:
- Carnival Rides & Food booths
- Opportunities for holiday shopping with great Craft Vendors
- Family Night Carnival: Thursday, October 29 - 5:00pm-9:00pm Festivities kick off with all rides for just $1 each that evening, courtesy of Carson-City Toyota Scion
- Carnival: Friday, October 30th, Noon – 9:00pm
- Days of Service” Saturday, October 31st and Sunday November 1st
- Music on Saturday & Sunday – DJ and Barbershop Quartet
Days of Service: Saturday, October 31 and Sunday November 1 from 1:00pm – 5:00pm
For more information, contact Susan Haas, RSVP's Executive Director at: (775)687-4680 ext 2 or visit www.nevadaruralrsvp.org.
- United Blood Services Blood Drive Saturday, October 31, 2015, 1-5 pm – FIND THE HERO IN YOU – DONATE BLOOD! Contact: Anita Moreno, 775-687-4680 ext 110 to make an appointment, Walk-ins are also welcome
- Nevada Humane Society – Free identification chips on Sunday November 1st from 1-3pm. Since animals are not allowed in the park, owners must take their pets directly to the tent and back to their vehicle after receiving their identification chips. Cats must be in carriers and dogs must be on leash. Please do not leave your pets unattended in your car.
- FISH Canned Food Drive – please donate your canned foods for those in need
- Police Department – Information Kiosk
- Veterans Resource Center – learn more about Veteran's services and RSVP's Veteran's VIP Program
- Senior Service Network – Organizations that support Nevada's elders
- St. Peters Caregiver Support Group – Respite Care and support for caregivers
- Nevada Office of Suicide Prevention
- Carson City Senior Center
- Mobile Aero
- Carson City Visitor Bureau
- And More! There will be opportunities to learn about the great services offered in our area. Contact RSVP for updated information and schedule of community partners hours of participation or visit www.nevadaruralrsvp.org
Thursday: October 29th: 5pm - 9pm
Friday: October 30th: Noon - 9pm
Saturday: October 31st: Noon - 9pm & Days of Service 1pm - 5pm
Sunday: November 1st: Noon - 8pm & Days of Service 1pm - 5pm
- Cost: All-day ride wristbands are $30
- Pre-sale wristbands available for $20 at Carson City Toyota Scion, 2590 S. Carson Street beginning October 1 through October 29, 2015, 12 NOON
- $5 Discount Coupons available at the RSVP Website, RSVP Office, RSVP Booth
- All proceeds assist seniors to help them Nevada Day Program finalS:\Anita\Nevada Day 2015\Nevada Day Program final.docxremain independent at home with dignity.